Modern landscape design buffs should mark their calendars for the Thomas Church event in Sonoma which is scheduled for this Thursday, September 6, 2007 from 2-8pm.
This special event honoring the father of modern, California Style landscape architecture will include a series of lectures followed by a tour of the Donnel Gardens in Sonoma which Thomas Church designed in 1948.
Speakers and panel members for this unique event include:
- Zahid Sardar, SF Chronicle Design Editor
- Marc Treib, U. of CA - Berkeley, Prof. of Architecture & Landscape Historian
- Waverly Lowell, U. of CA - Berkeley, Curator of Environmental Design Archives
- JC Miller, Rohston Hanamoto Alley & Abey, Landscape Architect
- Pam-Anela Messenger, Landscape Architect
- Sandra Donnell & Justin Faggioli, Owners & Stewards
- David Sheppard, Donnell Garden Manager
Tickets must be purchased in advance - Buy Tickets Now.
For those of you driving to the event from Marin County, expect about a 30 minute trip to the Cornerstone Garden. DRIVING DIRECTIONS: From Marin County (South), take 101 North to 37 East. At SEARS Point (now the location of Infineon Raceway), take the Carneros Highway (Hwy. 121) North. Turn right 1/4 mile past the Schellville Airport.