Libraries are now so much more than loaning books. Ever expanding the Marin County libraries are also education centers:
- Homework HelpNow! is a program that provides online homework help from 1:00pm - 10:00 pm Monday through Friday. This help is available in English and Spanish.
- Live Tutoring: Join the online classroom and receive help from a Brainfuse tutor.
- Skills-Building: Master an academic concept through expert tutoring and standards aligned online lessons. Brainfuse Skills Building has been designed for a variety of age groups and academic needs.
- 24/7 Help Center: Submit a question and a tutor will provide you with a response (usually within 24 hours).
- Foreign Language Lab/ Spanish Speaking Support provides expert assistance for students who are learning Spanish. A host of helpful online resources for learning other languages is forthcoming.
Lab: HelpNow offers two types of writing assistance:
- Live Writing Assistance: Connect with an online tutor for expert writing assistance with the live help feature. Live help is particularly helpful during the initial stages of the writing process when working on a specific subject.
- Intensive Writing Lab: Experts focus their analysis on voice, word choice, sentence fluency and organization.
- Learning Express is an online learning center with subject review and practice tests for occupation exams, AP tests, SAT and college prep plus U.S. Citizenship test. Skill-building materials in math, reading and writing for all ages
- Teen Advisory Group - TAG - for 6th to 12th graders: Help plan interesting teen programs and earn community service hours. The group meets the second Wednesday of the month from 3:30-4:30 at the Novato Main Library at 1720 Novato Blvd.
For more information about Library Events call 415-473-2050 or visit www.marinlibrary.org
Kathleen Emrey, Broker Associate, SRES