Many of our clients have a New Year's Resolution which includes "Buying a New Home in 2012" however I know many folks are still uncertain about the market. For those curious about the overall real estate market and whether or not now might be a good time to jump-in, I'd encourage you to preview the following articles which just ran in this past weeks USA Today.
If you just want the Cliff Notes, here goes:
- Rents are dramatically increasing (double-digit increases throughout the Bay Area),
- Mortgage Rates are at record lows
- Unemployment rates are the lowest they’ve been in 3 years (note: Marin County consistently has the lowest unemployement rates throughout California)
You can read the full articles here:
- Apartment rents heading higher for 3rd year in a row by Julie Schmit, USA Today
- 30-year mortgage rates match record low by Derek Kravitz, Associated Press
- Dec. unemployment rate lowest in nearly 3 years by Tim Mullaney, USA Today
If you'd like to explore buying opportunities in 2012, please drop us a line since the timing looks good and inventory is starting to increase (we've previewed dozens of new listings just this week!).
Renee Adelmann, Realtor & Owner
Marin Modern Real Estate / San Francisco Modern Real Estate / East Bay Modern Real Estate